About Townsend Rod and Gun Club
Nestled in North Central Massachusetts, the Townsend Rod and Gun Club was founded in 1939. The large grounds has a variety of activities:
100 yard rifle and 50 yard pistol ranges: Outdoor, covered ranges with 16 stations each, with a variety of metal targets are also available. These ranges are equipped with a down range warning system to coordinate shooters on safety.
- Trap Range: With central trap house and manual clay pigeon trap pulls. We have seasonal trap shooting events on Sunday mornings and Thursday nights.
- 80 yard outdoor archery range, 3D archery course and pro-shop cabin for repairs and tune-ups.
- 20 yard Indoor archery and air rifle range. Great for winter practice.
- Handmade log cabin on our primitive black powder range: We have scheduled black powder events every third Sunday of each month all year long.
- Stocked trout pond and stream-fed bass pond: Fish one of our derbies and you’ll be hooked.
- Onsite kitchen: Enjoy a hot meal from our kitchen crew during select events.
- Over 300 acers of private land for hunting.
- Miles of trails for: Walking dogs, mountain biking, horse back riding and off road vehicles.
- A specific area for camping and fires.
If you have any have questions, please feel free to contact any member of our leadership team.